Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Almost There

Well, it's been far too long, my fellow Contessas, and I need to get back into the groove. I miss my crafting life. And I miss all of you.

I signed up for a couple of craft shows in November, and was making some Tooth Fairy Pillows on the weekend to supplement my inventory, when I realized how much I miss spending hours in my sewing room, guiding fabric through the feed dogs. As I get reacquainted with my creative self, I thought I'd update you on what's been going on.

I know I've mentioned it previously, but the new site (once it is launched) will be the turning point for Urban Contessa. UC will market to businesses, encouraging them to thank their clients for their loyalty with practical gifts from Urban Contessa. I will continue to participate in craft shows, simply because I think they're fun. I like meeting and chatting with fellow crafters and shoppers. And it gives everyone else an opportunity to purchase a Contessa Creation.

For now, the Contessa line will be limited to placemats and napkins for home decor, Tooth Fairy pillows for the kiddies, and rosary bracelets. I will also carry tote bags which will predominantly be sold at craft shows.

My mother, Lynn Nadeau, and my aunt (Mom's sister), Cecile Landry, have taken over the jewellery division. They live in Sudbury, Ontario and have quite a following; regularly hosting open houses in their homes. They have a great time doing it and a remarkable flare for style. It's obvious they passed down the crafting gene. Thanks for that!

The new web site is almost done and I expect to have it up and running by the end of next week. In the meantime, I'll take some pictures of the new Tooth Fairy Pillows and post them in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment