Monday, April 4, 2011

My New Iron



I have an old iron. It's about 20 years old. It gets the job done, but lately I've noticed that I need a little more power.

By 'power' I mean 'steam'.

Not just any old steam, but a shot that'll smooth out the most stubborn wrinkles. The fabric I use for placemats and tote bags is drapery fabric. When this stuff wrinkles, it leaves a crease that would make military personnel proud. It's a challenge to press it out.

So I bought this beast from Costco:



I may need to buy a new ironing board cover. I mean, I can't use the old one with the new iron! What kind of Contessa would that make me?



The shot of steam this sucker emits makes my heart sing!



The fabric that I'm pressing there is what I'm using for a new tote bag template. I worked on it all day yesterday: drawing, re-drawing, measuring, re-measuring, cutting, sewing.

I wasn't happy. Back to the drawing board.

I've been so busy with my paying job (stupid job!) that I haven't had time to supplement my inventory for this craft show coming up on Saturday. I have enough stock for the show, I just wanted new items to sell.

Oh well. C'est la vie. I know it's not the end of the world. I'll set my goal to have new inventory for the craft show in November.

And what's that, you might ask? Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment