Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket



A little yellow basket.

Well, not really. It's silver. With pretty flowers.



A client's son is getting married soon. This pretty basket will be skipped down the aisle by the flower girl. The blushing Mother-of-the-Groom (MOG for those of you in the biz) asked if I could make a fabric something-or-other for the bottom so the rings don't fall out.

Of course! I'd love to!

The MOG had a vision of the rings hanging from the top of the basket on a pretty ribbon. A very nice idea, until the flower girl starts to swing the basket and the rings are waving in the air like a wild amusement park ride.

I liked the idea of the rings on a ribbon, so I suggested the ribbon be long enough to pool the rings at the bottom and they can nest in the pillow of fabric I make.

And so it shall be.

I'll work on this over the holidays and post pictures once I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment