Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hungarian Club Craft Show


Today I was at my favourite craft show, at the Hungarian Culture Club in Oshawa.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I go for the food. I always have reasonable sales at this show, and I like to see the regular vendors that attend, but I go for the food. Who wouldn't? I mean, we're talking about home-made cabbage rolls, home-made goulash, home-made pastries and squares. Just plain home-made goodness!

But I digress.

This is the only craft show I do that has round tables. I'll admit, I hate it. I can't seem to come up with a workable set up that properly showcases my work.



See what I mean? It's too crowded. But there isn't enough room to bring a second table, so I put up with it. It's worth it for the cabbage rolls. 

The big sellers today were tote bags, tooth fairy pillows and, of course, bookmarks. Maybe I need to do something to better market the bookmarks. They are the biggest sellers. I'll have to put my thinking cap on. Or sew myself one. 

I also came home with a great stash:


Hand made noodles, poppy seed loaf, and a variety of pastries.

While I think about a new marketing plan, I'll be snacking. Snacking very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment