Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Aftermath


Well, after a weekend packed with craft shows, I managed to sell almost all my placemats (I have two sets left) and most of my bookmarks. I do have about six tote bags left and several tooth fairy pillows.

All in all, I think that's not bad. It's what I had hoped for, so I can't complain.

Now, I need to think about things. Think about what I want to focus on, what my new line will include and perhaps change a few patterns.

In the meantime, I noticed today that I am now the proverbial Shoemaker.



I have spent a lot of time, lately, working on my novel. I take advantage of my time on the train and type during my commute to and from work, so I haven't spent much time reading. But I felt that I needed a bit of break, so I bought a book on Monday.

While eating my lunch and reading, I was mortified (and ashamed) when I noticed that I'm using the store receipt as a bookmark. ACK! I make one-of-a-kind bookmarks, for Pete's sake! Why aren't I using one?!

As the saying goes...the Shoemaker's children have no shoes. Though, in my world, it's more...the Owner's novels have no bookmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment