Monday, December 15, 2008

In the Beginning

Urban Contessa is a bit of a pipe dream for me. I have visions of grandeur that will probably never be achieved, and yet I continue to dream.

The dream began a couple of years ago. I had just bought a house and needed to pretty it up. So I went to work making placemats and whatnot. One day a flyer came in the mail for a new bead shop opening up. So I went and took a class. Then began making pieces for myself.

Friends and family started commenting on my jewellery and home decor. "Can you make me one?" Sure, why not? I mean really, how many placemats and necklaces can one girl have?

Then, one day, someone offered to pay me.

And a light bulb went on above my head.

I could make money doing this. Wow!

And Urban Contessa was born.

I have ideas floating around in my head all the time ... which probably explains my chronic insomnia. I hope to use this blog to get my ideas on paper (so to speak), get some feedback, hear some constructive criticism and perhaps make a name for myself.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll be famous!

No comments:

Post a Comment