Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tooth Fairy Pillows -- The Concept

I have a line of Tooth Fairy Pillows. Everyone gushes over them and says they're really cute.

The problem is that, believe it or not, they're time consuming to make. And because I sew the mouth using my sewing machine, I'm limited to a simple smiley face. I know embroidery is an option, but that's even more time consuming. Also, the googly eyes are glued on. They tend to fall off and are a choking hazard.

So I'm going to completely change the concept ...

Tooth Fairy Pockets.

I'll draw different cartoon faces on the front. The back will be a pocket in a variety of fabrics. The Tooth Fairy Pocket will hang from the child's bedroom doorknob.

As soon as I make my first one, I'll post a picture, but until then, I made a quick sketch:

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful concept. I (oppps I mean the toothfairy) was always so stressed out trying to find that little tooth under the pillows of my children in the middle of the night. This allows the magic to still happen, but much easier. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura ... love your blogs, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea! Plus, escapes the whole "how do I dig the the tooth out from under the pillow without waking the kid" thing. Genius I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks DG! It's these crazy ideas that keep me up at night ... no wonder I have insomnia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to have four of these for my grandchildren. are they finished yet?
    well no hurry i suppose. they just finished getting their teeth and the 4th ones not born yet, but still, i want to be prepared.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clippy Mat: I'll be finalizing some pillows in the next few weeks. I'll post some pictures, you can pick the ones you like and I'll mail them out to you.

    Thanks for the order!
    And thanks for following!!

    ReplyDelete