Monday, April 20, 2009

Craft Show - Hungarian Culture Club

I was at a craft show on Saturday. Not a big one, but it was well-attended. It was a fundraiser for the Hungarian Culture Club in Oshawa. They're raising money for a new roof. It was successful enough that I'll participate in future craft shows with them.

I thought I'd share pictures of some of the participants and, with their permission, have given contact information in case you see something that strikes your fancy.

Dellzines

Shandell Conboy is the owner of Dellzines. She makes one-of-a-kind jewellery. Her favourites are bracelets and you can see it in her work. I have several of her bracelets, which says something since I can make them myself.



Erika Takacs

Erika was displaying the most incredible artwork. She was wearing a goblin pendant that was absolutely wonderful. I asked if she sold them and she said she was wearing the only one she made. Shandell and I think we've convinced her to make them for sale. I hope so, because I really want one. Visit her site here.



Marg's Knitting - Sewing - Quilting

Marg is a one-woman show. She quilts. She knits. She sews. She does it all. And there's no doubt there's a lot of love that goes into each piece. You can see that, even at the show, she was passing the time knitting. Her quilts are to die for and sooo cute! She can be reached at 905.725.9105.



Home Creations

John and Orlene Fost are the owners of Home Creations. I met Orlene at the show, who gave me some great tips, being a veteran craft show exhibitor. She had cute stained glass window decorations. I bought a yellow bird for my mom and a pink angel for my aunt. She also had glass blocks that you feed small Christmas tree lights into (see them on the left?). The bows are interchangeable so you can mix and match for your decor and for the season. Very clever! You can reach Orlene at 705.429.9479.



Urban Contessa

And last, but not least, my table. It was the first time I'd displayed on a round table, so that was a bit of challenge. I think my pieces were well-received and everyone oohed and awwed over the colours and fabrics.




All the crafters at this show were wonderfully creative and I hope to see them at the next show. I have applied to exhibit at a show in May. I'll let you know if I'm accepted. It will be my first juried show, so I'm a little anxious.

Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so lovely. Oh how I wish I had skills or talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DGIT: You do have talent ... yours happens to be the gift of writing.

    ReplyDelete